St. Sebastian Parish was founded in 1949 with Father Edmund Dommer as the first Pastor. Plans were made for the building of a church and school. A converted portable classroom was used as a temporary church. This structure was then used as a Credit Union after the church was built. In 1950, three Franciscan Sisters of St. Joseph from Hamburg, New York, arrived to begin conducting religious education classes until a school could be built. The school building was completed in November of 1951 and registrations were taken for the start of school the next fall. St. Sebastian Catholic School opened in September of 1952 with 378 students in grades 1 through 6. Grade 7 was added in 1953 and Grade 8 was added in 1954. The first class graduated in June of 1955 with 42 students.
Our school is one of the best in the area, thanks to the dedication of our highly qualified, state-certified teachers, the continuous support of the people of the parish, and the efforts of a strong Marketing Committee. It is commonly known that our students are well-prepared for and succeed in high school. With the school’s 60th anniversary in 2012, St. Sebastian Catholic School is continuing its mission into its seventh decade: The mission of St. Sebastian Catholic School is to provide a Christ-centered environment where Catholic values, faith formation, and academic excellence are instilled in the lives of students.